I started my make up education fairly late in life. My mother never wore it when I was growing up, I didn’t have any sisters, and I was the ‘girly’ one in my friendship group in school.
For this weeks Friday Favourites I decided to switch things up a bit and share with you 5 of the best (favourite) things I’ve learnt since the commencement of my make up education.
1. Make up artists and sales assistants will ALWAY try and sell me foundation that is too dark for my skin tone. Yes I’m half Italian, yes I have yellow/olive toned skin, but I am pale as can be.
2. The scent of a product can totally ruin it for me.
3. Contouring is actually very simple.
Here a tip, if you’ve been applying your bronzer is a 3 motion along the side of your face, you’ve basically been lightly contouring this whole time.
4. Ran out of eye makeup remover? Olive oil works wonders, just try not to get it in your eyes.
5. Hydration is the key. If your skin is dehydrated, then it doesn’t matter what you do, your make-up will end up looking cakey and gross throughout the day.
What is your favourite piece of make up related advice?